Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catalyst for Change

A thought I had yesterday: sometimes the best catalyst for change, is change itself.

Despite feeling sick for what seems like half my time here (I had a minor cough for about 2 weeks that was just annoying and not sickly, and now my nose is running and I feel like I'm getting the flu!) I'm actually in a really good head space. So heaps of you know me as being a little bit unpredictable, not always sure whether I'm happy, sad or just content. Over here I seem to be all about the happy. I'm relaxed and genuinely excited about what's going to happen over here.

I'm just waiting to get my first pay from work. I want to know how much I've got to work with so I can start planning weekends away. Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Scotland, Wales. The list goes on. I got myself a 16-25 railcard today too which gives you 33% full price fares for National Rail. So now it's going to be a whole lot cheaper when I go travelling to other parts of the UK. Speaking of which, I'm visiting Canterbury this coming weekend, my first trip out of London.

At the moment I can't see myself wanting to go home. I feel settled, and I know it's only been a month, but I haven't even come close to feeling home sick. To be honest, I don't think I'll ever get that feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment